Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-08-08 10:28:35

zoe

Users don't see chat offline when there are no operators online

Hi!

We have deployed LHC like this:

Chat widget only is active for users who are logged in our web's client area (so we are sure we only get chats from our clients) Our chat is only active if there are any operators online.  So far, so good  cool

Let me explain our "problem" with an example:

User1 is logged in his client area at 20:50h and can see chat is online and the widget in his client area.

At 21:00 all operators go offline an log out from LHC, to be sure, so chat is closed. 

If User2 logs in his client area after chat is closed (no operators online, passed 21:00 hours) he doesn't see chat widget, but Uer1 still sees open chat, and can see Chat widget in his client area.

That is a problem as he thinks chat is available, send messages and doesn't get an answer o can see chat is offline.

We don't have configureD Departments hours, so chat only is active if there is any operator online.

How can we get logged users to see that chat is offline?

We have confiugred a Canned message, so when a user opens a chat, and no operator attends that chat, the user gets a message telling them all operator are busy and must open a ticket in our helpedk system, but when there are no online operators, the user doen't get that canned message and may think we are ignoring them.

We don't use autoclose or autopurge chats.

¿Any help with this issue?

Thanks in advance, LHC is great and this forum is very usefull wink

#2 2017-08-08 11:02:55

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Users don't see chat offline when there are no operators online

Hi zoe,
when no operator are online you can show offline contact form.
Regarding already opening chat you can read this recent topic:
https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=2616

Hope it helps

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-08-08 11:13:20

zoe

Hi PeopleInside,

Thanks for your fast answer.

We don't want to show offline contact form, we need that logged user don't see chat widget when chat is closed or a message explaining the chat is closed and our chat hours (example from XX to YYh ) New users (logged after chat is closed) don't see the chat widget, and it's ok, the problem is with already logged users (before chat closing hour)

I read https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=2616 but could't see if Sirisha has opened an issue in Github, is there a link to this issue? smile

I have tested it, and when operator foes offline, user doesn't see any message telling operator has gone offline, on the conversation top.

Thanks again smile

#4 2017-08-08 11:16:40

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Giù have to look into GitHub issue I AM bit form a PC right Now and support is difficult from here also seems you are asking something that is out of the scope of my free support. There are commercial support for business needs and customization. All info are In my forum signature

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2017-08-09 12:23:21

zoe

Hi again,

Thanks! I found this issue: https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … ssues/1078 I will follow it so I can see the developer answer

#6 2017-08-09 13:27:40

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

cool
Thank you for your feedback, amazing smile

Board footer