Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-08-01 03:09:08

johnpitcairn

Installing an older version wants to update database incorrectly

I am required to install an older version of LiveHelperChat, so my client is using the same version they have on another site.

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Apache 2.4.7
PHP 7.1.4
MySQL 5.6.30

git clone https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat.git
cd livehelperchat
git checkout 2.58v

Then I install via the web interface. No errors are seen during installation.

I log in, add the widget on the front end, and everything works as expected.

But visiting index.php/site_admin/system/update, the Database structure check tells me there are missing tables, indexes and columns:

lh_abstract_auto_responder - [ignore_pa_chat] column was not found, [wait_timeout_2] column was not found, [timeout_message_2] column was not found, [wait_timeout_3] column was not found, [timeout_message_3] column was not found, [wait_timeout_4] column was not found, [timeout_message_4] column was not found, [wait_timeout_5] column was not found, [timeout_message_5] column was not found, [wait_timeout_reply_1] column was not found, [timeout_reply_message_1] column was not found, [wait_timeout_reply_2] column was not found, [timeout_reply_message_2] column was not found, [wait_timeout_reply_3] column was not found, [timeout_reply_message_3] column was not found, [wait_timeout_reply_4] column was not found, [timeout_reply_message_4] column was not found, [wait_timeout_reply_5] column was not found, [timeout_reply_message_5] column was not foundlh_abstract_auto_responder_chat - table does not existslh_abstract_proactive_chat_variables - table does not existslh_abstract_proactive_chat_event - table does not existslh_abstract_proactive_chat_invitation_event - table does not existslh_users_online_session - table does not existslh_abstract_proactive_chat_invitation - dynamic_invitation index was not foundlh_abstract_widget_theme - [custom_popup_css] column was not foundlh_chat - user_id_sender_user_id index was not found, sender_user_id index was not found, user_id legacy index was foundlh_group_work - table does not existslh_departament_limit_group_member - table does not existslh_departament_limit_group - table does not existslh_departament - [pending_max] column was not found, [pending_group_max] column was not foundlh_userdep - [hide_online_ts] column was not found

Firstly, IS THIS EXPECTED?

OK, so I let it update the database, and it reports no errors.

But now the chat widget spins endlessly on first submit.

Turning on the debugging options, there is a database error:

[originalMessage] => A query failed internally in Persistent Object: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'wait_timeout' in 'field list' Query: 'INSERT INTO `lh_chat` ( `nick`, `status`, `status_sub`, `status_sub_arg`, `status_sub_sub`, `time`, `user_id`, `hash`, `ip`, `referrer`, `dep_id`, `email`, `user_status`, `support_informed`, `country_code`, `country_name`, `user_typing`, `user_typing_txt`, `operator_typing`, `operator_typing_id`, `phone`, `has_unread_messages`, `has_unread_op_messages`, `last_user_msg_time`, `last_op_msg_time`, `last_msg_id`, `mail_send`, `lat`, `lon`, `city`, `additional_data`, `session_referrer`, `wait_time`, `chat_duration`, `chat_variables`, `priority`, `chat_initiator`, `user_tz_identifier`, `user_closed_ts`, `online_user_id`, `unread_messages_informed`, `unread_op_messages_informed`, `reinform_timeout`, `wait_timeout`, `wait_timeout_repeat`, `wait_timeout_send`, `timeout_message`, `transfer_timeout_ts`, `transfer_if_na`, `transfer_timeout_ac`, `na_cb_executed`, `fbst`, `nc_cb_executed`, `remarks`, `operation`, `operation_admin`, `screenshot_id`, `tslasign`, `chat_locale`, `chat_locale_to`, `unanswered_chat`, `product_id`, `uagent`, `device_type` ) VALUES ( :ezcValue1, :ezcValue2, :ezcValue3, :ezcValue4, :ezcValue5, :ezcValue6, :ezcValue7, :ezcValue8, :ezcValue9, :ezcValue10, :ezcValue11, :ezcValue12, :ezcValue13, :ezcValue14, :ezcValue15, :ezcValue16, :ezcValue17, :ezcValue18, :ezcValue19, :ezcValue20, :ezcValue21, :ezcValue22, :ezcValue23, :ezcValue24, :ezcValue25, :ezcValue26, :ezcValue27, :ezcValue28, :ezcValue29, :ezcValue30, :ezcValue31, :ezcValue32, :ezcValue33, :ezcValue34, :ezcValue35, :ezcValue36, :ezcValue37, :ezcValue38, :ezcValue39, :ezcValue40, :ezcValue41, :ezcValue42, :ezcValue43, :ezcValue44, :ezcValue45, :ezcValue46, :ezcValue47, :ezcValue48, :ezcValue49, :ezcValue50, :ezcValue51, :ezcValue52, :ezcValue53, :ezcValue54, :ezcValue55, :ezcValue56, :ezcValue57, :ezcValue58, :ezcValue59, :ezcValue60, :ezcValue61, :ezcValue62, :ezcValue63, :ezcValue64 )'

The chat message cannot be saved.

Obviously I should not let it update the database. But why does the update check find problems?

I can't hand it off to my client like that, they will click the update button. Any thoughts?

#2 2017-08-01 05:44:52

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Installing an older version wants to update database incorrectly

Hi,
seems you do many different LHC install.
You can ask to the commercial support about this specific issue of the server where you are trying to install that.

Also the chat owner is very, very busy right now and I cannot help you with this server specific issue.
Sorry.

This issue is related to a wrong configuration or issue in installation.
Some suggestion are here: https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=2193 but I cannot tell more than this.

Have a great day and time smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-08-01 05:59:19

johnpitcairn

I'm not so sure. There is only ever one LHC install on this server and database. We spin up a new container and new DB for every install.

Everything is fine after installing an older version so long as those database updates are not executed.

It occurs to me that maybe those database updates are what is meant to be executed before you upgrade from the older version to the latest version. Is that correct?

#4 2017-08-01 06:08:16

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Last versiuon of LHC is working fine. You can see in the demo and I AM also using it.
No such issues.

Your PHP version seems to be god so maybe problem is somewhere else.
PHP must be superior to 5.5

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2017-08-01 06:13:47

johnpitcairn

Yes I know the latest version works, but my client does not wish to use that.

I am questioning if/when the Database Updates should be applied.

Do you only click the "Update database" button before you update to the latest version?

Or do you click that after a clean install of an older version (that you want to remain on), if it shows updates?

#6 2017-08-01 08:20:14

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Do you only click the "Update database" button before you update to the latest version?

Before or after should be the same.

Old software can have bugs, security issue. Try to remember this when you use a server.

#7 2017-08-01 08:25:32

johnpitcairn

OK, but I mean: is that database update only needed if you want to update to latest version?

It is not needed after a clean install of an older version if you do not want to update?

If so, I think it probably needs some text on the page explaining the purpose of the update. It is not obvious that to stay on your current version you should not allow any database updates.

#8 2017-08-01 08:26:30

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

johnpitcairn,
I will not give any support to old version or software.
If you need there are commercial support (more info in my signature).

#9 2017-08-01 08:41:39

johnpitcairn

I'm not asking for any support. I think I now know that the problem is just my wrong interpretation of the purpose of the update. It just needs better help text on the page. I can write that and provide a git pull request if you can explain clearly when the update should be used.

Is it ONLY for updating to the latest version?

Last edited by johnpitcairn (2017-08-01 08:43:33)

Board footer