Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-07-22 04:56:43

SSI_NKagan

On Demand Chat Initiation

I have been trying to set up the Live Helper Chat system in a manner where the Live Support Widget remains hidden from public view UNTIL a message is sent (i.e. initiated) from the Admin side/end.

I have tried setting the embed code to "Invisible, only JS API will be included", but this setting seems to prevent any direct messages from being received by the Client. Setting the embed code with any other of the "Position" settings causes the widget to be seen by anyone & everyone (on the Client/Public end), which is contrary to how I want to use the system.

And to clarify, "yes" the system works on my site via my server. I have sent test messages from both ends when the widget is at a 'position', and they go through without issue. Also, when set to "invisible..." the Online User Tracking works, hence how I know the attempted messages aren't being received by the intended recipient when the widget is set to that setting. I've checked for Javascript Errors during the attempts, and none are showing. Lastly, I have checked all security & error logs, and I'm not seeing any issue there.

So, is there a way to have the widget invisible UNTIL a message is sent from the Admin end?

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Other than this issue, I am really loving the Live Helper Chat system. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Nathaniel

#2 2017-07-22 05:56:50

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: On Demand Chat Initiation

Hi SSI_NKagan,
welcome in the live helper chat forum,
thank you for your interest in the software and for your first message!

SSI_NKagan wrote:

I have been trying to set up the Live Helper Chat system in a manner where the Live Support Widget remains hidden from public view UNTIL a message is sent (i.e. initiated) from the Admin side/end.
I have tried setting the embed code to "Invisible, only JS API will be included", but this setting seems to prevent any direct messages from being received by the Client.

All you do seems correct except the generation of the Embed code.
If you selected "Invisible, only JS API" and you are unable to see the pro active invite message sent from the operator to the client is because when you have generated Embed code you do not have checked "Automatically check for messages from the operator/invitation messages ?"

image.png

Hope this help,
enjoy and have a very great time!

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-08-17 01:57:44

SSI_NKagan

Thank you for your swift response, and simultaneously sorry for my belated thank you.

Your reply did solve the issue, and the chat initiated only when desired.

However, there remains one issue with it...

It will only trigger the chat on Desktops/Laptops, but will NOT trigger on Androids, iPhones or iPads.

As around 50% of my site's traffic are Mobile Users, you can see how this would be a problem.

Do you know what could be causing this issue, and what may be a way to fix it?

Thanks again in advance.

#4 2017-08-17 07:35:20

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback!
Mobile is currently not supported from the pro active invite.

Please try to look if in the GitHub Page ( https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/issues  ) has already created an issue / request of pro active on mobile. If exist try to made a post for participate and alert the chat owner you are also looking for this; if doesn't exist please create a new issue.

In any case will be helpful if you can paste here the GitHub link to the issue, will be useful for other user on the forum.
Thank you!

Wish you a nice day and time!

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer