Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-06-22 13:55:08

rejaine

Request notification on Chrome v21 (older 32 bits)

Hi

First of all I would like to congratulate you for the excellent work with the LHC! You guys really do a great job !!

I'm trying to try it out here but I have some difficulties in making it work in our workplace.

I have many desktops with openSuse 12.1 Linux 32 bit  here  (i know it's pretty outdated and we're already scheduled to upgrade to newer versions) with a older version of Google Chrome (21.0.1180.81 - the last I could find for this version of opensuse 32 bits)  Unfortunately the amount of desktops is large and An update would be somewhat complicated to do in a short space of time... sad

But despite that, the LHC works great with this version - except for the "request notification" only.

I click on "request notification" and the browser asks if I want to receive desktop notifications, etc ... It's ok, however upon receiving a new call, the popup does not appear ... I think it is some API incompatibility with this older version of Chrome. If it were not for this small detail, everything would be perfect !!

Any tips for running the API on this version of Chrome? Otherwise I'll have to postpone the LHC deployment here (unfortunately) and start using it only when updating all my desktops  sad

LHC is the best opensource tool from far to chat and would very much like to start using it.
From now on I thank and I apologize if English is not very good ... English is not my first language and I'm counting on the help of google transtator to write this smile

Many Thanks!!

#2 2017-06-22 16:25:00

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Request notification on Chrome v21 (older 32 bits)

Hi rejaine,
thank you for your interest and message in the live helper chat project.

Sorry,
notification will work with last version of the browser and will be not implemented for the old browser, sorry.
Problems come when software is old and sometimes there very strong security issue on old version.

As you can understand live helper chat is a free open source project,
maintain this project is very challenging: you have to work in your free time after your work and will not dedicate time for fix issue on old software.

If will be some update on the fix of this notification for old software you will be notified here.
You can ask to fix the issue at the commercial support if you want,
will be not free (if will be possible).

Thanks for understanding.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-06-22 17:34:37

rejaine

Hi,

That's what I thought and, in fact, the environment is very outdated. As I'm just trying to implement the chat solution, it does not just depend on me to update the desktops, but anyway ... I will inform those responsible for the need to upgrade as a prerequisite for using LHC and then wait for ...

Anyway thank you so much for the quick return!

#4 2017-06-22 17:39:44

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

You are welcome rejaine.
Use old software can be very dangerous for your business and create also issue with software and other things.
I can understand that in business is not easy to update system as sometime some custom program need to be recreated from programmer for work in new operative system.

Thank you for your understanding.
Have a nice time! smile

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2017-06-22 17:51:58

rejaine

Yes, precisely because of these difficulties I imagine that they have not updated the OS yet.
We will try to upgrade to the latest versions (OS and Browsers, etc), but  can you tell me the minimum version of Chrome so that the "Request Notification" works fully on Chrome?

#6 2017-06-22 18:17:55

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
simply use the last Chrome version.
Sorry I do not know note of Chrome when they start to support notification. This is out of the scope of my support smile
Have a nice time smile

#7 2017-06-27 12:45:49

rejaine

Hi,

For those who have the same problem and can not (at present) update the OS or Browser,   alternatively you can use the Firefox extension "Tab Notifier". It worked very well with OpenSuse 12.1 x86, using. MozillaFirefox-20.0-2.70.3.i586 and the  extension version tab_notifier-2.2.1-signed.1-signed.xpi   This way I will be able to implement the LHC while upgrading the machines.
Thank you!

#8 2017-06-27 12:47:32

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Not need any extension of the browser: LHC support browser notification, you can activate it on settings, live helper tab, chat configuration.
In old browser you have issue and security issue of course and native notification are not supported.

#9 2017-06-27 12:52:33

rejaine

Yes, I know there is native notification on the LHC. I'm just sharing this 'alternative' solution only for old and unsupported browsers (which was my case)
Obviously, the most correct thing to do is to update the version of all my desktops and I will, but it will take some time to complete - this solution is only  for 'emergency' wink

#10 2017-06-27 12:52:53

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Thank you smile

Board footer