Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-03-21 14:36:59

elliot123

Java not working on Firefox

Live Helper Chat has today suddenly started to not work on Firefox 52.0.1 and Chrome. I've installed ESR 32 bit version of Firefox which they say should work with Java but still no luck. As a result predictive text has been lost on the chat platform. Has this happened to anyone else?

#2 2017-03-21 14:40:01

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Java not working on Firefox

Hi elliot123,
welcome in the live helper chat forum.

As I told in the ticket you seems are using an old version of Live helper chat.
Also I tested your chat and I was unable to see the error but I saw that your LHC version seems to be old.

You can try to upgrade your chat or refer to the commercial support >(more info on my forum signature).
Thank you! smile
Wish you a nice day.

Live helper chat is working well without this kind of error reported by you so this seems to be your server side issue.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-03-21 14:44:59

elliot123

Hi,

Have there been changes made to the old version we are using?

#4 2017-03-21 15:00:41

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

An old version hosted by you cannot change alone by himself.

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2017-03-21 23:47:24

fundingsecure

With Firefox recent upgrade and support disabled for NPAPI it seems this may be the issue, even though we are using ESR version which is designed to restore NPAPI support for Java.

We haven't upgraded LHC for some time - using 2.24 - following the adage of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Happy to upgrade to latest version 2.55 but before doing so would like to understand the cause of the problem.

1) Still wondering what has changed in last few days to start generating multiple "not found" errors on javascript in admin, such as:
0: erLhcoreClassDesign::designtpl - lhsystem/configuration.tpl.php     2017-03-21 23:43:56 +0000
Found IN - /home/funding/public_html/webchat/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhsystem/configuration.tpl.php
0: erLhcoreClassDesign::designtpl - lhsystem/configuration_links/translation.tpl.php     2017-03-21 23:43:56 +0000
Found IN - /home/funding/public_html/webchat/design/defaulttheme/tpl/lhsystem/configuration_links/translation.tpl.php

Also appears to have stopped auto-spell check when composing messages - presume also Java related.
Despite this LHC still functions fine from an end user perspective.

2) Has anything specific to Java support changed in newer versions of LHC that might help to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

FS

Last edited by fundingsecure (2017-03-22 00:25:07)

#6 2017-03-22 08:18:16

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
I AM using Firefox 52 and Live helper chat. No issues.
The only difference maybe I AM using last version of Live helper chat as I kep my web software updated.

1) Do not know what changed in your side and this is out of the scope of my free limited support
2) I do not know. You can try to use the demo of live helper chat for see if you are able to find the same issue. https://livehelperchat.com/demo-12c.html
Wish you a nice time, thank you for your topic in the live helper chat forum!  cool

Board footer