Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-03-15 15:53:31

nuno-m-caeiro

Load balancing chat routing system between Agents?

Hi!

Is it possible to configure a balancing chat request routing system for Agents from same department in LHC backoffice? Looks like LHC ignores Agent online/offline Status which means if one Agent is busy chatting with visitor or if an Agent changes his status to Offline he will continue to receive new chat request notifications all the time and this can be boring and very irritating. I found documentation on how to setup automatic transfers between departments but this is different, here i want to route all new chat request only to those agents from same department that are available online without a conversation going on. By doing this i think we are limiting Agents to have just one chat at a time.

NC

#2 2017-03-15 16:22:17

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Load balancing chat routing system between Agents?

Hi nuno-m-caeiro,
you can try to follow this Documentation article:
How to setup round robin/automatic chats assignment workflow?

Also a recent update as set that if an operator is offline are no more notified with sound about new chat so, also if this is creating issue for me that I AM using automated chat hours, will be a good news for you. Just update your LHC to the last version.
Hope this help.

If you are not able to follow and configure LHC from the article I sent than I think you will need ask to the commercial support.
Only if you found a potential bug or issue maybe with robin assignment you can open an issue on GitHub and see if is fixed for free.
Usually since 2017 issue is not fixed very fast because time of the chat owner seems to be very busy and back to LHC there are a lot of work.
Is imperative smile to maintain an Open Source Project but I believe is amazing so I love try to help as I can also here, with forum support.
Have a nice time and good luck ^_^

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-03-15 16:56:49

nuno-m-caeiro

PeopleInside wrote:

Hi nuno-m-caeiro,
you can try to follow this Documentation article:
How to setup round robin/automatic chats assignment workflow?

This documentation refers to chat routing between different departments, it's different from chat routing between agents who belong to same department. Thanks anyway.

PeopleInside wrote:

Also a recent update as set that if an operator is offline are no more notified with sound about new chat

What about browser notifications? Do they still get browser popup notifications if they change their Status to offline or this update just consider sound?

#4 2017-03-15 18:01:22

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

nuno-m-caeiro wrote:

This documentation refers to chat routing between different departments

Are you sure? I think you are not right.

nuno-m-caeiro wrote:

What about browser notifications? Do they still get browser popup notifications if they change their Status to offline or this update just consider sound?

Not. Offline operator will see only pending chat if operator admin console is opened on the right. No sound and no browser notification are showed if the operator are offline.
This is the last update done here sometimes ago.

Wish you a good time. tongue

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer