Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-03-06 06:58:39

matteau

live chat sttill showing despite removing script from page

I have removed the script from a common include page on my site to remove live chat availability from that site.
Despite the include page NOT having the code any more, even when downloaded back from the site and checked, the live helper code still appears in the page and when page code is viewed (view page source)

How can this be??

Thoughts suggestions welcome.

Site is www.caricatureking.com and the livehelper script in in the menu include file - it is seen after the newsletter signup code.

#2 2017-03-06 08:18:07

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: live chat sttill showing despite removing script from page

Hi matteau,
welcome in the live helper chat forum.
Thank you for your post!

If you remove the Embed script from the website is impossible that you still have the widget chat  smile
so maybe you are missing to remove LHC code somewhere or you have issue when you save the edit of the code as seems is not saved with the embed code removed.

I AM able to see the chat widget in your website.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-03-06 09:47:46

matteau

Well no it is only in one place and this is removed. But still it continues to appear. So index.php no script.
file newmenu.htm include page, script removed. but view source of www.caricatureking.com/index.php and code shows.

Code is on blog in another directory, can thus influence?

#4 2017-03-06 10:16:05

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
sorry but I do not know how your website has been programmed.

I can tell you if the code is only present on index.php and you remove the embed code than save index.php is impossible that the code still exist.
If still exist this mean you have placed the embed code or you have connection to Embed code in index.php

However this will be out of the scope of my free support. This seems not to be an issue with live helper chat but your knowledge about web.
You have just to remove all Embed code you put for see the widget chat removed. After done that you can place again Embed code where you need.

Good luck smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer