Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-03-02 10:35:42

tomrotzek

Let the "Need Help Widget" automatically disapper?

Hi,

I would like to let dissappear the widget "Need Help?" after e.g 15 seconds. Is this possible and if, where can I configure this behaviour?
Another thing - if chat is offline, can I disable the "Leave a message" box? I unchecked all the fields, but email stays there. I don`t want
to have it completely as I want that visitors use my contact form on the website. Maybe I can instead place a link to my own contact page?

Thank`s a lot, kind regards from Germany!

Tom

#2 2017-03-02 11:45:55

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Let the "Need Help Widget" automatically disapper?

Hi tomrotzek and very welcome in the live helper chat forum!
Thank you for your first post!

The tooltip "Need help" can be hidden always or if the user press the "X" close button you can set to not show anymore from a minimum of 1 hours to desired time.
You can set a pro active chat invitation after 15 seconds, in this case the widget chat will be opened after (of course you can set here 15 seconds) but maybe is not what you want have a pro active after 15 seconds.

You can find all possible settings in settings, live helper config. and most settings are on Misc tab.

In the past I had asked to the developer to allow a custom widget page on offline message with custom text in the case you do not want allow offline message in the widget or chat and you want user use a different contact form but this has been not approved.
You can see here:
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … issues/444

BUT
you can set the status widget to open a new page when the live chat is offline. Please see here:

How to redirect user to custom page then user clicks on offline widget?

Thanks for your greetings from Germany,
greetings too from Italy and Live helper chat  smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-03-02 11:53:17

tomrotzek

Thank you very much! The thing with the "Need Help" is not nice, I`ll disable it completely.
The option offline_redirect works fine, but I`d like to NOT become opened in a new window/tab, but in the same window.
Is there another option to do this?

Greetings!

Tom

#4 2017-03-02 11:56:46

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Tom,
I think there is no way to ... the redirect will be done in a new Window this made the visitor not loose what he is doing so visitor come go back to the previous page without miss what he is doing.
You can create a widget template in the settings and than use CSS for change looks of the widget and maybe offline message but I cannot help with that as this is out of my free limited support.

smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer