Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-02-14 06:33:02

mgoetze

Widget not showing on our e-commerce store

We are new to Live Helper Chat and have just installed it on our Linux server.  We are inserting the Widget HTML code right before the closing Body tag in our main html theme file.  The website which will be using chat is www.motionrc.com.  The problem is that the chat widget is not showing in the footer. I tested the script on http://htmledit.squarefree.com/ and it worked fine, so I know its something with our website, but we cannot determine the cause. I have included our script below in case this helps troubleshoot. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

[ Embed code removed by PeopleInside for your privacy smile support request are in progress for solve your issue. Thank you! ]

Last edited by PeopleInside (2017-02-14 07:50:26)

#2 2017-02-14 07:46:45

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Widget not showing on our e-commerce store

Hi mgoetze,
welcome in the live helper chat forum and thank you for your question!

First of all: nice website  cool and nice mini air plane models smile .
You are using Shopify CMS, I can see the LHC code in the page source (thank also to include the code here).

Your Embed code is correct and works well on: http://htmledit.squarefree.com/ maybe you need try another position for the code in your CMS.
In all case we are chatting right now.

Seems the Embed code is correct and is working. The issue can be related to the CMS and livehelper chat or code position.
Once the issue will be resolved I will update with the solution this topic or please do that for me if I forget.
Thank you!

Feel free to reply and update this topic discussion smile

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-02-14 07:51:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Widget not showing on our e-commerce store

Your chat is not showing because you are on HTTPS website and your chat is not under HTTPS.
This can be the reason why your chat widget is not visible.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer