Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-12-22 15:05:15

gbrann

Live Helper DOWN?!

Hello all:

This is a critical bug with us. We use Live Helper for our websites and client interaction for support. We noticed we were getting a blank white box in the chrome plugin, and wondered why. When updating our site, we also noticed the live chat and faq modules were down. When we accessed Live Chat directly, we only get a plain white page. Noticed there was an update, and when I run the update, I receive the following notice:

URL: http://residentialhelpdesk.com/livehelper/upgrade.php
Message: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function log_error() in /home/resid163/public_html/livehelper/lib/core/lhcore/lhdb.php on line 64"

further information:

Installation is using PHP 5.4, downgraded from 5.6 due to a script issue with serial number validation for software we develop.
MySQL database is loaded and correct, no changes since installation.

Any advice?

Last edited by gbrann (2016-12-22 15:14:09)

#2 2016-12-22 15:14:55

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Live Helper DOWN?!

Hi gbrann,
welcome in the Live helper chat forum and thank you for your post.

We noticed we were getting a blank white box in the chrome plugin

First of all you are reporting an issue with the Chrome live helper chat plug in (for operator)?
The blank box was on operator side, I believe.
This is to verify if is the plug in issue or maybe your installation issue.

we also noticed the live chat and faq modules were down

If the FAQ module is down in your hosted version is something regard your server not Live helper chat.

I run the update, I receive the following notice:

URL: http://residentialhelpdesk.com/livehelper/upgrade.php
Message: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function log_error() in /home/resid163/public_html/livehelper/lib/core/lhcore/lhdb.php on line 64"

Have you followed the update procedure (here)?
If you missed some folder or database update also and clean cache ecc, your live chat can have errors.

Also what version of PHP are you using? (This can be a reserved info to not share in public) if you are using an older version.

This is a critical bug with us.

Maybe is your BUG until you have no elements for demonstrate there are a BUG on Live helper chat software.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2016-12-22 15:17:13

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I don't know if PHP 5.4 can cause issue on Live helper chat as is little bit older, I think.
I Am on PHP 5.6 consider last PHP is PHP 7.1

Installation is using PHP **, downgraded from **

On PHP 5.6 you can have mail issue if you are not using a valid certificate for email and if you do not put the certificate patch on the PHP.ini file

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#4 2016-12-22 15:37:41

gbrann

ok.. BUG is something that is wrong with a process. Idk if the bug is in the update or on the server at this point.

The blank page is the operator Chrome plugin AND on the live helper site. (https://www.residentialhelpdesk.com/livehelper).

The Live Support and FAQ (BOTH MIND YOU) are now missing from our site's pages - I assume you can connect the dots that this is most likely do the the fact that live helpers isn't loading anything at all except a white page. Live helper before yesterday was working fine.

The white pages and failure to load anything was happening BEFORE the upgrade to the latest version. All the update did was give the php pharsing error. Which I will attempt to address with a follow of the guide you posted. I'll update you when I am able to do that - but as I can not access anything, chats, admin, etc.. and only get white pages when I attempt to use live helper.. the update guide is a bit useless at the moment.

You installation documentation says that Live Helper requires 5.4 or higher. We aren't using 7.x do the massive changes in 7.x which is why PHP is still supporting 5.x, as 7.x will break a lot of scripts across the web and is still being accepted at a slow rate.

So if you have any actual input on this matter, it'd be great. Have a great day and thank you for providing this forum for support. Side note - I really love the product - when it works.

#5 2016-12-22 15:47:10

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi gbrann,
I think was better use PHP 5.6 than the other version you mentioned. Me too are not using for now PHP 7.

Please understand that I AM not into your server and LHC so I don't know what happen in your case but I know the last version of Live helper chat has not this blank page issue so I think something is maybe broken in your server. maybe you have not followed correctly the update process. You can try to follow again and see if the issue has been fixed.

I have checked your link and seems I AM also unable to load the log-in page. All is blank and I see an error on the HTML console about ASCII character. Maybe you issue was via FTP transfer. Don't know.

Consider before do any upgrade you should made always backup of folder and database.
Once done that you can try to update again by downloading the package here: https://livehelperchat.com/article/static/5

Please check also SUPHP is active in your Softaculous panel. Sometimes error can be present after also server update where SuPHP can be deactivated... if was active before.
After downloaded the package please follow the guide for update:
https://livehelperchat.com/article/view/63

If your issue still present I suggest you to restore previous backup or resume the working PHP or do a new install.
If you need to fix this and you are unable to do you can consider also the commercial support.
Hope you will be able to fix your issue soon.

Thank you!

#6 2016-12-22 16:08:15

gbrann

Changed to PHP version 5.6, and the site is working.

Please update your documentation. as it seems 5.6 is required, not 5.4.

The documentation I am referring to is listed here: https://livehelperchat.com/requirements-84a.html

which states:

"Live helper chat requires these software components

1. PHP 5.4 >= version" ...

This is obviously wrong. Thank you!

#7 2016-12-22 18:28:46

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
thank you for your report. I cannot edit this directly but I forwarded to the chat owner.
Thanks.
https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … issues/953

Board footer