Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-14 23:32:13

ACL

xmapp use

Hi
I am confused about how xmpp works with live helper chat
am I not able to have chats with customers/website users via xmpp?
it just sends a notification and this is only sent if I am logged in to live helper chat.
This seems a bit complicated to me. I will have to log into livechathelp every day to be logged in? I thought being seen as active via xmpp would mean I am available to take chats via livehelperhat / xmpp.
There is the chrome plugin which is good, but only good if you have chrome up and running and notice in in chrome notication
the extention is great, but this usability seems a little convoluted for light users waiting for ocsional messages
Thanks for any clarification you have give.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … enjfHR_aR4

#2 2014-05-15 00:00:12

Dan Zicom

Re: xmapp use

ACL, this is a great feature.
If you go to edit under your department you can set your 'Automate Online hours'. This will leave your session opened and you will not need to log in on each request.
This is working very well for us, especially on iphone and ipads. We have ours set to notify via Hangouts. The request comes through our Google + Hangouts, we get the notification with the user request/question and click on the link to activate a chat window.Very simple and works really well.
Dan

#3 2014-05-15 00:01:13

Dan Zicom

Re: xmapp use

One more thing, if using iphone or ipad you will have to download the app for google hangouts, etc.

Board footer