Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-22 00:13:22

Paul Smith

How to get chat box to open automatically

Was wondering what setting I would config to make the chat box open after a certain point of time or pages browsed similar to your homepage?  Looked through the docs but it is unclear what they're stating to do.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … o_gkIlH4Gg

#2 2014-05-22 06:43:00

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: How to get chat box to open automatically

Hi,

What you are looking for is pro active chat invitation. You can follow just install guide
http://livehelperchat.com/ultimate-tutorial-for-pro-active-chat-installation-and-chat-install-217a.html

On 22 May 2014 01:13, Paul Smith <in...***.com> wrote:

Was wondering what setting I would config to make the chat box open after a certain point of time or pages browsed similar to your homepage?  Looked through the docs but it is unclear what they're stating to do.

#3 2014-05-22 17:24:31

Paul Smith

Yes I have followed all the instructions in the install guide but it still only works when online not offline.  How is someone supposed to leave a message if no operator is online?  Clicking on the very small offline icon in the bottom right of the page only opens a minimized chat box which then has too be maximized to view (too many steps).  And that doesn't send me any emails from the person seeking help. 

Furthermore you have to click on the chatbox icon in the middle right side of the page when online to force it to open.  It doesn't open automatically after a period of time like on your site.  What am I doing wrong?

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:13:22 PM UTC-7, Paul Smith wrote:Was wondering what setting I would config to make the chat box open after a certain point of time or pages browsed similar to your homepage?  Looked through the docs but it is unclear what they're stating to do.

#4 2014-05-22 17:31:43

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but your explain is total mess and i'm not going to spend hour trying to understand what you have written there big_smile

1. If chat is offline and you have configured leave a mesage window, message is send to en e-mail. To what mail? read documentation

2. If you want to have it online all the time you can configure department online hours. How? read documentation

#5 2014-05-22 17:58:27

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

For you dedicated articlehttp://livehelperchat.com/how-to-setup-online-hours-and-ignore-users-status-completely-316a.html

Board footer