Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-05-20 12:06:35

peter.biro

How to redirect user to subsite which doesn't have widget by default

Hello,

I am thinking about solution for this situation:
We would like to have a chat widget only at few subsites on our domain. So only from these subsites should be possible to start chat. But on the other hand, we want to send links (or redirecting) our users to the subsites, which do not have widget and do not lose them (They would be able to continue chat on redirected subsite). So my question is, if somebody try to solve this situation. I think, it could be solved with default hiding #lhc_status_container element on those subsites from which we do not want to start chat by users and not hiding #lhc_status_container element when user is redirected to these subistes.

Will be this solution work correctly? If yes, what is the easiest way to implement this, which files should be modified?

Thanks

#2 2016-05-20 12:22:02

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: How to redirect user to subsite which doesn't have widget by default

Hi peter.biro,
thank you for your question and welcome in the Live Helper Chat.

This is a good question. I understand you want have the chat widget on some pages but in other page also yours you don't want visitor can see widget of the chat but in the mean time you want be able to redirect user to a link maybe also if is on that other website without widget chat.

This can be done by inserting an invisible widget chat but at the moment I think is not possible.
Maybe you can try with your custom CSS on your website template where you don't want show the chat widget or you can create a separate widget template in LHC and than put the CSS to hide the widget so create Embed code with the template created. You need to test if works because I really don't know.

You have maybe to work a bit on this, any feedback will be appreciated here.
I AM just an user of LHC and I cannot provide deep support but you can try what I say. You have two way, the first is put CSS code in your website template the second way is create a different widget template in LHC and put the right CSS for hide the widget into the correct CSS field than when you create Embed code select the right template.

Right now chat owner are not reply on the Forum directly because he is very busy. Also we have BUG opened from different month unresolved yet so maybe this is the only reply you will receive here.
I hope you will able to fix this.

Have a nice and great time!
Mark

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2016-05-20 13:05:03

peter.biro

Hi Marco B,

thank you for your answer. Yes you're right about that solution to have two different widget templates - one for default hidden widget and another one for default displayed widget. But then, i have to check "hidden widget template" if actual chat is active. If yes, hdefault hidden widget will be displayed. And this is the my main problem, where to execute this checking in code. I have an idea, that maybe in \design\defaulttheme\tpl\lhchat\getstatus.tpl.php

<?php if (SOMETHING) { ?>
    var htmlStatus = '<div id="lhc_status_container" style="display:none">'+subStatus+statusTEXT+'</div>';
<?php else ?>  
   var htmlStatus = '<div id="lhc_status_container">'+subStatus+statusTEXT+'</div>';
}
<?php endif; ?>

#4 2016-05-20 16:36:15

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi,
are you able to find option "hidden widget template"?
I AM unable to find it.

I cannot help with code edit on core file like getstatus.tpl.php: if you edit this file wrong the chat will be corrupted and all support I can give "is forget" so maybe can edit code only who know what is doing and maybe with a backup copy of the edited file.

What I mean you can use CSS code for hide the status widget but this has maybe not sense I don't know as if you have not an open chat you cannot redirect user to other page... so I son't know if after hide the widget status bar the chat will be opened in that page. You have to test this.

All I can tell you is:
if you really need this feature and is for a business activity or you decide you can pay commercial support for have it you should look into commercial support page here: https://livehelperchat.com/support-13c.html

You can also maybe think to want ask to add the feature you are looking for in future version at https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/issues by creating a new issue with title example : [Feature request]: hide widget status but allow opened chat to be showed. And in the description link the topic here also explain better your situation.

Maybe can be a great add on for future version.
Have a great day and time!

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2016-05-23 07:58:44

peter.biro

Marco B wrote:

Hi,
are you able to find option "hidden widget template"?
I AM unable to find it.

Hi,

sorry, probably i did not write it correctly. I didnt mean to check "hidden widget template" like a checkbox in options, but it should be a status verification of chat on a subsite where the widget template is hidden by default

#6 2016-05-23 08:01:30

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Good Morning Biro wink ,
Oh yes, I see you have opened a feature request topic.
This maybe will take also a long time before is implemented. The chat owner are very busy at the moment but it's a good things add the feature request as you do.
Wish you a great time!

#7 2016-06-01 14:27:12

peter.biro

I have found solution with setting described here smile

#8 2016-06-01 15:35:14

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Thank you for your feedback.
Glad you have resolved smile

Board footer