Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-08-10 22:50:43

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Issue with Canned Message, losed after update

Hi Rem,
after update I don't know what update.. i can see all my canned message if I AM in chat with an user but if I go on settings,
Canned message i can see only one canned message...

So I can't delete or edit the other canned message.
What happen?

Do you have idea what I can do?

This issue seems to be with update.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#2 2015-08-10 22:53:01

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Issue with Canned Message, losed after update

Seems my canned message have this character [] maybe this caused the issue after one last update of LHC.
Seems I can see the canned message without [] the only one i have without this.

I can't understand what is the issue as it seems is only with my "old" messages.. who now are visible if I AM in chat with someone but i can't see in canned messages under settings.

As you can see in the image above:
1439247651_1.jpg
1439247670_2.png

So my message is not missed but under settings, canned message I cant see and manage.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-08-10 23:01:43)

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#3 2015-08-11 04:52:38

remdex
Administrator
Website

Update has nothing to do with it. Canned messages are shown based on user permissions. So just you are just missing assigned department or similar stuff. But definitively there is no changes especially in canned messages part.

#4 2015-08-11 07:44:20

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Rem,
thank you for your reply here: is very helpful.

So my LHC have 6 Department, I AM assigned to 3

IF I assign all Department I AM able to see all canned message. The strange things is I AM unable to see the canned message assigned to Any Department.
Seems I can see only department assigned canned message.

It's an issue or i missed a permission to see canned message assigned to Any?
In my operator profile I have unchecked All department and selected only the Department for i have to be online when i AM connected but this should not hide canned message assigned to Any department...

In fact now I AM able to reproduce also in LHC demo.
1. Just go in canned message and you will see the canned message assigned to Any Department.
2. Now go in user profile, Assigned department and uncheck all department check only default.
3. You will not see any canned message on Canned message now.

This is not correct. The only canned message i couldn't see should be not assigned department canned message.
BUT operator should see and edit canned message assigned to Any Department as I AM assigned to one department or two and not All because Any means a canned message can be the same for two or more department i need for different department.

Is an issue with LHC?

Has no sense i must have all asigned department for see canned message for all department.
Thank you!

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-08-11 07:46:14)

#5 2015-08-11 08:17:19

remdex
Administrator
Website

It just works that way. Code update and I accept pull request smile

#6 2015-08-11 08:26:23

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Umh sorry but i AM not a programmer and i can't edit the code. Why? I have no confidence with it :-)
Only consider maybe a canned message assigned to all department has no sense as the canned message can be edited and managed only if the operator are assigned to all departments.

A Live Chat can have different operator assigned to different department and not at all department.
It's good a canned message can't be managed if the operator are assigned to the right department but should be an issue if a canned message assigned to Any department can't be seen until operator are not assigned to all department.

So do you think are working well at the moment? Consider what I found can be considered an issue with LHC.

If a canned message is assigned to Any department should be visible to all operator who have at least one department assigned.
I would be very happy to help you by editing the code, unfortunately i have no confidence with the code. I would like to have but i have not so you are the genius of LHC code.

Remdex,
anyway thanks for your replies here. Now i know a new install of LHC will not solve this issue,
is not my install issue but LHC who are working in this way.

Thanks for your help and great job!

Board footer