Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-03-21 14:54:47

Agung

Invalid captcha code, please enable Javascript

Here's my current setup.
LHC installed in a subdomain, i.e live.mydomain.com, webserver: nginx/php-fpm
main website is on www.mydomain.comall sites (subdomain and mainsite) only use plain http mode, no https
chat configuration:
- set your domain: mydomain.com
- please enter explicit http mode: http:
- [ ] use secure cookie, unchecked
- [x] use session captcha, checked
but I still get the "Invalid capctha code, please enable Javascript" error message
The error shown up whether from main main site (widget) or from subdomain (live.mydomain.com)
Question: What is the right config to have the error disappear?Thank you

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … 8jrit2kFWE

#2 2014-03-21 19:17:55

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Re: Invalid captcha code, please enable Javascript

Hi,

Sorry but here all works. The only thing i see that php session is still under subdomain in my test environment but in any case it still works. I will fill enhancement that php session cookie also should be .mydomain.com but in general I do not think it will change anything in your case.
P.s even third party cookies dependency drop - all works as it should. Perhaps lhc cannot start it's session just in your server?

You can try add this line
session_set_cookie_params(0,'/','.domain.com');

in ezcomponents/Authentication/src/session/authentication_session.php before session_start();

In general once again not LHC problems...

2014-03-21 15:54 GMT+02:00 Agung <gongg...***.com>:

#3 2014-06-17 18:06:04

Dominique V

I tried all combinations from every thread covering this problem but it doesn't go away. 
The weirdest thing is that it generates the "invalid captcha code, please enable javascript" error on some computers and not on others.  You suggest that someone probably changed a file but just like in my case, it appears on a vanilla installation.
Then you suggested that it has to be a problem on our end as it is working on your site, but that doesn't buy us anything, sadly enough.

#4 2014-06-17 19:45:07

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Well,

Perhaps you have enabled session cookies? If you really want to solve this problem without personall look i really cannot tell what's wrong in your part... In any case there is commercial support if you need one...

#5 2014-06-18 11:15:20

Dominique V

Where can I disable session cookies?   
And what are they? I only know about cookies and session variables, the former being client based, the latter being server based, never heard of a combination of both.
I also ran GREP on your source code and there is no mentioning of "session cookies".

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:45:07 PM UTC+1, Remigijus Kiminas wrote:Well,

Perhaps you have enabled session cookies? If you really want to solve this problem without personall look i really cannot tell what's wrong in your part... In any case there is commercial support if you need one...

--
Sincerely,
Remigijus Kiminas

#6 2014-06-18 12:00:01

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

In chat configuration, misc section

#7 2014-06-18 16:39:17

Dominique V

I tried both with and without and it doesn't make a difference.  How can it complain about captcha when it's disabled altogether?

#8 2014-06-18 17:34:15

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Captcha is never disabled. You can try to skype me i can make exception and try to look for free for your issue.

#9 2014-06-18 20:42:52

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Hi,
Can you try https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/commit/c9da37bdb0e983461b4abec749258bfd45343b78

this one update, and let me know does it helped.

If this won't help really, no idea...

#10 2014-06-20 11:05:40

Dominique V

That didn't help... but I discovered what the problem was.  The network that was failing to connect is using Load Balance Router and I discovered in the access logs that the client was trying to initiate a chat session using different IPs for different files. 
I assume the automated captcha knows what IP the client connected with and fails when the chat session is started using a different IP.
As this is an isolated problem that would only occur very rarely I don't see a need to pursue this from your end... but it's good to know what causes it in case it happens again.  Anyway, thanks a lot for you offer to help me!  I really appreciate it!

#11 2014-06-20 11:20:59

Remigijus Kiminas
Administrator
Website

Ok I see, now it makes sense, because lhc uses IP to check that hash is valid, perhaps option to use ip or not would be helpfull, or just use user agent and avoid using ip for this at all. LHC itself for user side does not use php sessions at all to avoid this problem.

And thanks for letting me know about this. I'll try to adopt lhc to this edge case also in some time.

Board footer