Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-06-19 00:12:19

devman

Update Automatic Hosting - v2.33

I followed all the instructions for both updating the main site and subdomains including updating the data structure and instances, clearing cache, etc.  The previous version was 2.30.

These were run:

Just run this it will update automated hosting table structure
   php cron.php -s site_admin -e instance -c cron/update_structure

To update extensions tables
   php cron.php -s site_admin -e instance -c cron/extensions_update

and these:
   php cron.php -s site_admin -e instance -c cron/update_instances
   php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/clear_cache

I now have two major problems:
1. The instance console for each subdomain just redirects to the main site and displays the 'start a chat' form. Can't login to the subdomains.
2. None of the subdomains can communicate with the chat server anymore.  The error from the customer site is 'Refused to execute script because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.'

I am not seeing any errors in the logs.
Turning on debug does not help since the 'start a chat page' is displayed.
I checked the settings.ini and autoloads and they look correct.  The main site is working fine.
nginx was not modified in any way. all default traffic is being handled in the subdomain folder like before.

I need suggestions on what else to check for both the issues.

Thanks!

#2 2015-06-19 04:55:02

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Update Automatic Hosting - v2.33

Hi,

1. Make sure you have recent automated hosting plugin version itself.
Recently i changed how we detect subdomains executing simple str_replace https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/autom … 971acceR26 perhaps this one influenced your issue.

In my snapshot to update everything is enough just execute these scripts.
cd /var/www/admin/automated-hosting && git pull origin master
cd /var/www/manager/ && git pull origin master
cd /var/www/manager/lhc_web && php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/update_database
cd /var/www/manager/lhc_web && php cron.php -s site_admin -e instance -c cron/update_structure
cd /var/www/manager/lhc_web && php cron.php -s site_admin -e instance -c cron/update_instances
cd /var/www/manager/lhc_web && php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/clear_cache
cd /var/www/client/lhc_web && git pull origin master
cd /var/www/client/lhc_web && php cron.php -s site_admin -c cron/util/clear_cache

What else can it be I don't know

#3 2015-06-19 06:39:07

devman

Re: Update Automatic Hosting - v2.33

The change in detecting the subdomains was exactly it!

The subdomains use the settings.ini.php in the copy (customer folders) of the main site.  The instructions on the line for seller_domain say to use the 'main site url'.  In my case that has the format of 'manager.example.com' because for me 'example.com' is a sales site, not the chat manager site.   I had to change it to just the domain rather than the fully qualified host.  Both the customer console and the customer chat widgets are now working.

This is what is in the settings:
'seller_domain' => 'livehelperchat.com',// Change to main site url

Perhaps the instructions should be updated. Something like:
'seller_domain' => 'livehelperchat.com',// Change to main domain. This is appended to Instance Address for each customer to build their url for their console and widgets.

Thankfully it was a simple fix.

Thanks!

Last edited by devman (2015-06-19 06:39:51)

Board footer