Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-06-13 19:03:32

raj.sharma

Automated hosting (saas based) question

Hello Rem
Yesterday at our office we were having discussion on your automated hosting and some new so called technical genious asked some questions in order to purpose other solution so I thought to ask you as you are best person who can answer these questions, I hope you do not mind

1. How scalable the automated hosting solution is?

2. The person was talking about sockets and purposed that he can write this in C/C++ and we told that we are using node.js in order to reduce server request but he said that even asynchronus will be hard to monitor and server kernel will have to be modified ( I am sorry I was sounding dumb there  neutral ) so how to make it more fast.

3. How visitor is interacting with operator ( I mean that is server polling or some other request is been made).

Thanks

#2 2015-06-13 20:18:45

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Automated hosting (saas based) question

Hi,

1. Basically it's fully scalable. User files can be stored in S3 or Riak, Sessions in Redis
2. Database itself in amazon RDS.
3. About server kernel modifications sounds nonsense. Node JS eliminates asynchronous refresh calls. That's for it is. In that case request is made only if required.
4. And as i know even some governments are using it and having over 1K chats per day...
5. The only tricky thing perhaps is. That automated hosting databases has to be on the same server because plugin switches between manager and user database. Although this can be modified not so hard by implementing some REST API. But i do not have such big clients that it would be a case smile. But if time comes i'll make it in any way, so i really do not see a bottleneck anywhere...

#3 2015-06-15 12:31:29

raj.sharma

Hello Rem

Thanks for detailed explanation, just one more question is the communication between client and server using through polling or push. If via polling then why not push.

Thanks

#4 2015-06-15 12:32:12

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but your question does not make any sense big_smile

#5 2015-06-15 12:54:26

raj.sharma

Hello
Pardon me for not being clear, let me explain again
when website visitor is talking to operator then how the messages are transfered is it via polling or via push notification.

I hope this time I make sense.

#6 2015-06-15 12:57:56

remdex
Administrator
Website

No it does not. Because in http world there is no such thing as push notifications. Before asking nonsense questions just read literature first perhaps smile

Board footer