Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-05-04 18:48:30

Mitch-SS

Issues with Pro Active chats

We have been using Live Helper Chat for some time now and are liking it. Its a very stable application that has no problems handling the volumes we demand.

That said, I have been unable to get the Pro Active function working properly.... I have reviewed the tutorials and forum posts here and made changes based on that, but still I am unable to get the Chat to be pushed to a new or returning user period.

Are there issues with specific browsers or OS's? So far after hours of testing we have only be able to make it work on a single installation of Chrome OS. All other platforms simply result in no chat being pushed.....

I am able to see the users browsing the pages required, I am also able to see them hitting the required triggers. IU am able to forcefully push them a chat session, but the system is refusing to do it on its own...

Any advice?

#2 2015-05-04 18:51:44

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Issues with Pro Active chats

Sorry, but without your embed code and proactive chat window settings, I won't be able to help you there...

#3 2015-05-04 19:01:16

Mitch-SS

I have removed the domain name in question, but assure you that part is correct.

< script type="text/javascript">
var LHCChatOptions = {};
LHCChatOptions.opt = {widget_height:340,widget_width:300,popup_height:520,popup_width:500};
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
var refferer = (document.referrer) ? encodeURIComponent(document.referrer.substr(document.referrer.indexOf('://')+1)) : '';
var location  = (document.location) ? encodeURIComponent(window.location.href.substring(window.location.protocol.length)) : '';
po.src = '//livechat.$$$.com/chat/getstatus/(click)/internal/(position)/bottom_right/(ma)/br/(check_operator_messages)/true/(top)/350/(units)/pixels/(leaveamessage)/true?r='+refferer+'&l='+location;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script >

Operator Name - Blank
Position - 0
Language - Blank
Time on Site - 30
Pageviews - 2
Referrer Domain - Blank
How Many Times user show invitation - 0
Requires e-mail - No
Requires Name - No
Requires Phone - No
show Random operator profile - Yes
Enter Operator ID - Blank
Identifier - Blank
Department - Sales
Message to User - Populated
Message to Returning User - Populated Same as above
Visitor Nickname - Visitor
Wait Message - Populated
Wait Timeout - 600
Timeout Message - Populated
Repeat Timeout Message - 1

#4 2015-05-04 19:06:56

remdex
Administrator
Website

Please remove/unselect "Department - Sales" this from your proactive chat invitation settings.
Like your embed code does not contains any of defined department.

#5 2015-05-04 19:59:59

Mitch-SS

That got it! Thanks! big_smile

#6 2015-05-04 23:20:12

Mitch-SS

Follow-up question. I am trying to isolate this further to only launch a chat based on the page the visitor is on. How would this be accomplished? I did not see a straight forward way in the settings.

Thanks!

#7 2015-05-05 05:50:13

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry this time did not understood a problem... Can you give workflow example?

Board footer