Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-04-16 20:34:02

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Alow user to open pop up of closed chat

Hi Rem,
if operator close the chat user want to open the closed chat in pop up they press pop up button and chat in the widget will be lost because widget is automatically closed and on the pop up user are unable to see the message " chat ended " text.

So user can loose closed chat without possibility to ask email trascript etc.. should not find a solution for let user not loose the chat?

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-04-16 20:34:43)

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#2 2015-04-17 08:16:19

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Alow user to open pop up of closed chat

Sorry, did not understood what you are trying to do here... And what's exact workflow.... Try to write in points
1. Bla bla
2. Bla bla bla

and so on...

#3 2015-04-17 10:06:18

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Bla bla bla and bla bla bla ^_^

Sorry rem,
1. Visitor start a chat with operator
2. Operator end the chat
3. Visitor press the pop up button so widget with the chat conversation are hidden and a pop up with a sentence "chat closed" is opened.
Visitor will loose the chat conversation printed in front of him and are not able to reopen.. only see in the new pop up "chat has ended".

Maybe visitor has pressed the pop up button to see the chat in the pop up then ask to receive transcript but in this case pressing the pop up button visitor loose the ended chat conversation.

This can be good if chat i deleted but if chat is closed by the operator there are two possibilities:

The first is disable the pop up button when chat is ended so user can't follow in error, if the user close the chat the ended chat will be loosed.

or

alow the closed chat to show in the pop up if user press pop up button when the chat conversation are already ended.

I hope is more clear now smile

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-04-17 10:08:20)

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#4 2015-04-17 10:08:08

remdex
Administrator
Website

But does widget shows the same error then user opens widget itself or i'm missing something?

#5 2015-04-17 10:14:19

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

If after the chat is ended by operator and the visitor press the pop up button the widget is hidden and the pop up without the closed conversation but only with the message "chat was closed" is showed.
If the user want back the closed conversation and try to press again on the widget they will see the form to start a new chat.

So solution here can be: When operator close the chat input field is already hidden and pop up button should be disabled in the user widget when conversation are closed by the operator or in the pop up should be showed the closed chat transcript with the action button to send chat print as in the widget.

#6 2015-04-17 10:16:51

remdex
Administrator
Website

Sorry still unclear what exactly you are trying to tell.... There is auto resume option if chat is closed. If chat is closed and user clicks widget button not only popup icon chat is deleted is shown and next time start chat form is shown.
So either explain properly etc or I don't know.

Or just implement your behavior getting hard to understand what exactly i should do there.

#7 2015-04-17 10:34:18

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I forgot, in your demo user (visitor) are able to reopen closed chat. So if the visitor press the pop up button in the widget with the ended chat by press resume button can see again the closed chat. Maybe user want before send to himself the chat by email wanto or press the pop up button and visitor will not see the closed chat conversation as in the widget but only a message "chat was closed". User should see the closed chat as in the widget.

In my LHC i won't make user able to reopen a chat closed by the operator so there is not Resume button.
If the user press the pop up button in the widget when the chat has already closed by operator and user has not for exaple requested the conversation by email user think to see the closed chat in the pop up but in the pop up now there is only the "chat was closed" sentence without the closed conversation so user will be not able to send or resume the closed chat text.

When I say resume i don't mean open again chat with operator, i mean see the closed chat text.

So in your demo if user press pop up button in widget when chat are already closed by the operator because visitor think to can have the same screen as in the pop up but in this case will not will be able to see again the closed chat text by pressing resume button. This will start again chat with the operator with the previous conversation so user are able in this case to ask the conversation via email.
In my case where visitor are not allowed to resume chat if the chat has been closed by an operator user should be not able to open the opo up if chat has already closed by operator this because if they do the closed chat is not anymore printed on the pop up. or user should be able to open pop up but closed chat should be printed as in the widget as closed chat conversation in the pop up.

Can you understand now?

#8 2015-04-17 10:40:25

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Now works on this way:
On your demo where user are able to reopen closed chat by operator:

1 visitor start a chat and when finished operator press the close chat so in the visitor side user will not be able to write anymore.
If the visitor here press the pop up button before for example request chat transcript user will loose the chat conversation because is not reported as in the widget in the pop up BUT in your demo user can use the Resume Button.

Resume button will start the chat again with the old conversation so user can ask for transcript.

In my LHC where user are NOT alowed to reopen closed chat by operator the resume button will be not available so if visitor has pressed the pop up button will loose the ended chat conversation.

Solution:
If the chat is closed by the operator user should be not able to use open pop up button. So in the widget will be only able to close or reduce. This prevent user can press pop up and loose closed chat text.

or

User should be able to open pop up also if chat has ended by the operator but in the pop up should opened the chat conversation as closed as in the widget. Now this not happen, when user ask to open in pop up closed conversation not see animore the closed conversation but only error message "chat has been closed"

#9 2015-04-17 10:42:07

remdex
Administrator
Website

I understood now. Perhaps 5 minutes should be allowed to view chat history after chat was closed.

#10 2015-04-17 11:15:34

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

I think or pop up button is disabled as the input box is hidden when chat is closed by the operator or if user are allowed to open pop up until widget with closed conversation is showed in the pop up should showed as in the widget the closed conversation.

You told 5 minutes should be allowed and after? After that 5 minutes user press the pop up button and loose the chat again. IS more hard because we think after 5 minutes user has ended all but i think is better think user can go out for some time come back and press pop up and nothing should loosed.. so consider my idea in blank upstairs here.

1* possibility disable pop up button when chat is closed by an operator
2* possibility let user open pop up with the same who user see in the opened widget.

If user close the widget so all permission to see the closed chat is denied.

What do you think?  glasses

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-04-17 11:15:54)

#11 2015-04-17 11:32:19

remdex
Administrator
Website

The only suggest is the same i wrote above. Nothing else will be done.

#12 2015-04-17 11:36:17

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Is better than now.
But i don't understand why put limitations to 5 minutes. Is for security?
If is for security better solution is disable or hide pop up button when operator close chat. All resolved.

Anyway if you don't like any other idea i hope implementation will be done with limitation to 5 minutes.

#13 2015-04-17 11:37:13

remdex
Administrator
Website

Yes because of security. Disabling popup does not help a at all, because who knows better lhc can just open popup.

#14 2015-04-17 11:42:33

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

remdex wrote:

Yes because of security. Disabling popup does not help a at all, because who knows better lhc can just open popup.

Rem if you don't edit nothing and keep as it is now, only add when operator close chat the pop up button (IN THE USER WIDGET) is disabled, hidden so user can't open the pop up problem is solved and security are safe.
If user know better lhc commands can only open pop up and will see as now: "chat closed" because access to chat closed is not allowed in the pop up.

I think is better than allow the pop up to work with the close chat for only 5 minutes.

User not need to open closed chat in a pop up, they have to do before, when conversation are active.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-04-17 11:44:24)

#15 2015-04-17 11:44:31

remdex
Administrator
Website

Seems you don't know nothing about security. Hiding button solves nothing.

Topic closed. This 5 minutes interval will be changeable in any case.

#16 2015-04-17 11:51:51

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Rem,
i think you don't understand my point.

I had asked to allow user to can see closed chat in pop up, actually this is not allowed for security. You don't have to change this!
User can already press pop up button when a chat is closed, and will not able to see in the pop up the conversation.

For stop the user to do the error to press the pop up button when chat is closed so loose the chat printed in the widget you can disable pop up button when operator has ended the chat, is not security issue because now are active the pop up button and there is not security issue because if user press it can't see closed chat in pop up.

If you disable the pop up button without insert the 5 minutes to allow user to see closed chat in pop up will be not a security issue will be a security issue only if you insert the 5 minutes or the possibility to see the closed chat in the pop up and disable the pop up, is a security issue because user with as command can access to closed chat.. but I'M not to tell you to do this.

My idea was leave all as is now, only stop the user to open the pop up when a chat is ended by the operator. Acctually user can open the pop up but can't see closed chat in pop up, keep this the same.. i mean only unable the user to use pop up button when conversation is ended so this will skip the user the possibility to loose closed conversation.

Do what you want. Thanks.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2015-04-17 11:52:37)

#17 2015-04-17 11:58:30

remdex
Administrator
Website

In any case i understood the problem less or more. So will see how to improve this process.

#18 2015-04-17 12:04:21

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

ops thanks rem.
I want only to give you the better idea.
Thanks rem.
tongue

Board footer