Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-03-24 01:58:03

Veronica

Unable to receive chat notifications on XABBER android app

Hello, i'm stuck at Xabber android app setup. Have tried everything but can't get it to send notification of new chat request to start chatting.

I can send test message succesfully after setup 2 step auth and auth ID 2.0 to a different recipient gmail and to the same gmail account as sender.

As i read in the documentation XABBER android app support messages to self, i would like to know an example of department settings and XABBER app settings to be able to chat using the android app as i attempt to use android client only (for now) to respond chats.

I have the same setup as the pictures posted in this tutorial: https://livehelperchat.com/xmpp-gtalk-x … -222a.html and i have assigned the same google email address i used for the other options under department option.

And in XABBER app i used XMPP account type and added the gmail username and password, i even added tried adding a Gtalk account apart of the XMPP one but nothing, i can't get chat notifications in neither of them. They both log in succesfully but i don't receive chat notificacions

I wonder what am i missin?

Last edited by Veronica (2015-03-24 04:17:04)

#2 2015-03-24 05:47:26

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Unable to receive chat notifications on XABBER android app

Hi,

xmpp recipient have to set in department window.

Most likely without personall access to your instance not much i can do there, like basically it's just quesing.

#3 2015-03-24 15:37:42

Veronica

ok i'm using two different gmail addresses to test. i succesfully got the xmpp notifications on XABBER using gtalk type account.

Now,  i receive the link to accept chat, when i click it opens the browser to continue chat there. Is that the only way that this work?... i mean can't i continue chatting in the XABBER app without having to use the browser? i wonder

Thanks smile

#4 2015-03-25 05:44:34

remdex
Administrator
Website

Yes, the only way. You have continue chat in mobile browser.

#5 2015-03-28 05:27:32

Veronica

ok thanks. last question, for you what's the best method to accomplish this: 1. using one gmail account and messages to self and (no/low security?) or 2. using 2 accounts with OAuth 2.0 Client ID, 2 steps verification,etc securities. 3. ?

#6 2015-03-28 06:38:29

remdex
Administrator
Website

The best way is use 2 method. If you use xabber you can use same e-mail no need for separate e-mail.

#7 2015-03-28 18:54:42

Veronica

Hmmm then i missunderstood. this is very confusing. if i do use method 2 with 2 accounts one for sender and one for receiver (recipient?) and works so far, the receiver email account gets the notifications; then if i want to use XABBER do i have to make changes to my working setup or not?, what "same e-mail" i can use: the sender e-mail or the receiver e-mail?
Right now im using hangouts for testings but i don't get the notifications right away so i would prefer the fastest method.

Thanks

Board footer