Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-03-06 01:16:04

adilmoosa

Cannot get access to side_admin

I have looked around the forum but could not find a resolution to the problem i have with access to site_admin - it shows a 404

Scenario: I have a Wordpress website in the main http root folder and I created a subfolder called chat_web/ and placed all the necessary files in there. The installation went fine and I can view the chat form under that folder, however when I do chat_web/site_admin - there is a 404 error that gets produced.

Attempts: In order for the chat to work, I did have to make a manual entry in the .htaccess file to allow subfolders under that name, this is what I entered:

RewriteRule ^chat_web/.*$ - [L]

With the above entry, I was able to get access to the subfolder and proceed with the installs. Fast forward to the /chat_web/site_admin and a 404 page appeared. So the following additional line was entered in .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^chat_web/site_admin - [L]

and no change. I also went ahead and followed instructions about php5.ini and yet another line to allow php5.ini change and that made matters worse - ie I cannot even load the chat window anymore.

Conclusion: I have looked around for a solution everywhere and I cannot seem to locate it hence the query. The chat system works and I CAN load the default page,but I do not have a way to get into the admin section, ideas?

Thanks for making such an awesome software.

#2 2015-03-06 01:29:35

adilmoosa

Re: Cannot get access to side_admin

Bummer - well I did find the solution and it was to add /index.php/site_admin/ and NOT just /site_admin after the chat folder for it to work. In any case, this case can be set aside as resolved. Hope this helps someone else.

Board footer