Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-02-12 10:46:33

genielog
Website

Missing visits in LHC compared with Google Analytics ?

Hi,

When I compare the visits count in Google analytics with the online visitors page of LHC I noticed that some (actually a lot) are missing in the LHC listing. Is there any reason for that ?

I checked that the LHC widget appears on each landing page of the website.

Regards

#2 2015-02-12 10:50:28

remdex
Administrator
Website

Re: Missing visits in LHC compared with Google Analytics ?

In online visitors list you see only unique visitors, also in top menu bar you can choose how many visitors to show. All visitors are unique and do not duplicate sessions.
In any case i'm pretty sure you won't get 100% match in any case. For LHC is most important current active visitors on site, it's not google analytics software.
Also in top bar you can choose date filter. Let say show visitors who were on site during last hour etc.

#3 2015-02-12 13:23:28

genielog
Website

Thanks for taking care.

I'm comparing unique visitors on both sides. I checked all visitors in LHC using 1 day as the period. What make me think there could be an issue is that on one side I have 11 visitors (LHC) and on the other side I have about 30. And besides, some visitors found in Google Analytics are just not present in LHC. I did expected to have a perfect match between the two and moreover I expected to have more visits on LHC side since I configure GA to filter out some nasty visits (bots, crawlers, ...)

I'm wondering if the fact of being logged as an operator on LHC change anything.

I mean if there's no operator available, does the visit recorded on LHC ?

Regards

#4 2015-02-12 13:34:19

remdex
Administrator
Website

All visitors are recorded in back office, unless you configure LHC to exclude some while operators are online. It's possible to exclude by IP some site visitors. Usually visitors are NOT recorded if there is no online operators, i forgot about that in my previous post.

Chat configuration -> Online tracking -> Track online visitors even if there is no online operators (Check this one)

#5 2015-02-12 13:52:35

genielog
Website

That makes the point. The box wasn't checked and visitors where not recorded when no operators are online.

Thanks again and congratulation for that awesome work and support.

Board footer