Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2020-03-20 01:53:30

Shahmir

Some good things missed since version 2.05 to 3.29

Hello
I am was using LHC version 2.05 and then i update it to Version 3.29

The admin panel in V2.5 is more user friendly, tabs and style, buttons was better but in Version 3.29 is not good to compare with 2.5 following is example :

1584665884_3.29.jpg

1584665866_2.5.jpg

1-As you can see in above images , the tabs in version 2.5 is very clear and nice but in 3.29 is very confusing.
2-there is small arrow button in start chat form to send message in version 3.29, as there is start chat button, send message arrow button is not necessary i think. it's annoying specially in RTL.the start chat button do the same job.
3-Is there any chance to change the style of the buttons ? such as color?
4-Fileds place holder such as Name, Email , when change the language still reminds in English. possible to keep it blank ?
5-Need Help Widget, has problem with different language as well, Need Help Header will change to other language but the text"our staff is always ready to help" is remaining in English. whereas the translation file is updated for those contents. i tried in Arabic, Persian and Spanish As well.. but there is no problem with this is version 2.05
6-In version 2.05 when user brows the website from mobile, the chat widget was nicely keep on top of the page and was very visible for user, but in Version 3.29 , the chat widget in mobile view will visible with small icon, which is not very visible for users. following is the example :

Version 2.05:

1584668980_c2.05.png

Version 3.29
1584669000_c3.29.png

Thank you so much for your great and useful application, great job.

#2 2020-03-20 06:45:10

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Some good things missed since version 2.05 to 3.29

Hi Shahmir, thank you for your detailed post with screenshots!
Welcome on the live helper chat forum!

It's great read you have updated your LHC version this keep the software secure and updated!
I can understand switch to the new chat can "be strange" at the start but the software has been updated to be more modern.

1. Sorry but now tabs are showed differently also there is more tab now to show so you can find more line respect the version mentioned from you.
2. I suggest to try the new beta widget is better and more updated.
3. You can change the background color of buttons with custom CSS in the widget theme. You can help yourself with the browser developer console.
4. This seems to be an issue with your translation but you reported it happens with also other language. I tested now the demo https://livehelperchat.com/demo-12c.html old widget and set the widget language from English to Italian on visitor side and all looks correctly translated.
5. All fine in the demo
6. The new mobile widget should be different, please see https://livehelperchat.com/ widget on mobile. Try with the beta widget.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2020-03-21 08:16:20

Shahmir

Hello
Thanks for your kind reply...
I faced an issue as following after updating from 2.05 to 3.29
I am not able to see the widgets in Dashboard. In fact widget button and 3 small icon such as show in map and.... is not available. any advise ?
this is the screenshot of my dashboard after updating to 3.29:
1584778544_dashboard.jpg

Cheers

#4 2020-03-21 08:34:30

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Shahmir,
I hope your day is going well.

Please check in settings, live help configuration (tab), chat configuration, misc
than check the lines:
- Home page tabs order
- Home page dashboard widgets order

ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]

#5 2020-03-21 09:20:25

Shahmir

Thank you so much for your friendly response.
yes you are right / all the value in MISC was set on 0!

if you dont mind i have other question as well ,which is about chatbox loading . in previews version when user click on chat icon the loading were appear until chat form load successfully , but now when i click on chat icon it will be disappear until its load successfully . any idea about this issue?

many thanks

#6 2020-03-21 09:24:13

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Shahmir, thank you for your reply and for the appreciations.
About the widget loading there is an option that i suggest to use to avoid the widget disappear for some seconds.

Go into settings, live chat configuration (tab), chat configuration, misc (tab) than find and check "Preload widget. It will avoid loading delay after clicking widget", save and you will have a great result.
cool  just test after refreshing the page on visitor side.

#7 2020-03-21 10:08:20

Shahmir

Thanks again, actually i am aware about avoid loading feature , but just want to inform you if this feature is not selected the loading is not working smile.
my last question,(hopefully tongue )
in new version , when selecting " Show copyright widget logo in left corner" it will not show anything and only minimized icon is visible on left side of chatbox, any advise ?
I can see the logo in chatbox preview in admin aria,

Cheers....

#8 2020-03-21 10:31:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Shahmir, thank you for the reply.

actually i am aware about avoid loading feature , but just want to inform you if this feature is not selected the loading is not working smile.

This is because recently the developer has worked on the new beta widget and updated the code so sometimes a previous function can be removed or can be bugged.
I don't know if this is a know issue but if for some user is an issue should be reported on the GitHub page.

I noticed the same but I decided is not really important "stress" the chat owner for this issue that is not really an issue for me.

in new version , when selecting " Show copyright widget logo in left corner" it will not show anything and only minimized icon is visible on left side of chatbox, any advise ?
I can see the logo in chatbox preview in admin aria,

I don't know well the chatbox function as I see the relative demo has been removed also from https://livehelperchat.com/
I'm testing the demo chatbox but looks like still be bugged for me... after some seconds all widget get blank.

If you need use the chatbox and you find issue you can report on the GitHub page.

#9 2020-03-21 11:02:05

Shahmir

thanks , i will mentioned in git , as i think you are official technical i suggest to let developer knows about this issues as well.
best regards
cheers

#10 2020-03-21 12:13:44

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Enjoy, have a great day  cool

#11 2020-03-22 09:29:02

Shahmir

Greetings
Regarding Widget embed code (beta), when i used related embed, the chat Widget is not visible in site, but when i am using the old Widget embed code it is working normal even with modern mode,
I tested Widget embed code (beta) from LHC demo site, it's working, any advice for me in this matter ?
thank you in advance

#12 2020-03-22 10:15:59

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Shahmir,
are you trying to use the new widget on a different domain?

Try to see this: https://forum.livehelperchat.com/viewtopic.php?id=3459

#13 2020-03-22 11:14:14

Shahmir

Hello
Hope all goes well
Yes the script is hosted in another domain.

Thanks

#14 2020-03-22 11:15:35

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Hi Shahmir, all fine thanks.
The guide i linked should give instruction to fix the issue if not let me know where the guide is not clear and what step you do for fix the issue.

#15 2020-03-22 11:17:02

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

The solution is create an .htaccess on the chat root folder with this code inside:

Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Methods: "GET, POST, OPTIONS, PUT, DELETE"
Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Headers: "Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, API-Key, Authorization"

Than test all is fine in incognito mode. If you still have issue on not incognito mode you need delete the browser data.

#16 2020-03-22 14:24:46

Shahmir

Thank you so mcuh, the issue has been solved.
As the RTL in Beta widget is not working good and my CSS styles for button and chat status are not effected, just wondering that, is it because it's still under development ?

Regards

#17 2020-03-22 19:29:53

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

The new widget change CSS and elements and are a completely new widget from zero so your customization should maybe start from zero.

#18 2020-03-23 02:36:54

Shahmir

Hi Again
Regarding CSS styles as i did for old Widget from Widget themes, so for beta widget i need to do from LHC installation folder? and what about RTL?it will be fix in feature must be done by users it self?
thanks...

#19 2020-03-23 06:21:05

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Custom CSS for widget can be added in widget theme.
For RTL the issue has been reported https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/liveh … ssues/1440

Board footer