Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2020-01-31 10:09:21

acatalin

Big problem with notifications

I'm facing a serious problem with notifications. I get notifications for new chats which works perfectly.

The problem is when the chat is active and the visitor writes something and the operator is not focused on that tab.
I get the sound indicating a new message but I can't see any notification in the browser.

I also have the chrome extension which does the same thing, it only pushes the sound but no visual notification.

The same happens with the visitor page, if the visitor minimizes the chat window, they have no way to know if they got a message and they usually don't come back to check if a new message is sent, I don't know how to fix this ..

The option "Request notifications permision" from chat settings doesn't work either, I click it and nothing happens.

#2 2020-01-31 10:53:57

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Big problem with notifications

Hi acatalin, this is normal.
When you start a chat usually with a live support system have you ever seen a chat that show notification each message with a browser notification?
Me not.

The browser notification is available only to new chat not to the opened chat.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2020-01-31 10:55:17

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: Big problem with notifications

The option "Request notifications permision" from chat settings doesn't work either, I click it and nothing happens.

This happen because you already authorized notifications.
All works as expected.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer