Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-01-29 11:17:46

Gianmarco.Nicoletti

REST API support for development

Hi everyone!
I'm working on an integration and I'd like to write a custom UI for the user side (operator side is ok as it is).
I was looking here /api.livehelperchat.com/#/api and it looked awesome, but when I downloaded the product I couldn't find anything like that. The <myhost>/restapi URL doesn't seem to exist; the content of the /rest_api directory (that contains example.php) seems to use a module for PHP, but even that doesn't look to offer support for all the endpoints listed in the /api.livehelperchat.com/#/api swagger.

I'd like to call those endpoints on my local environment, front-end side (ie simple javascript). For example, I was imagining something like doing a HTTP POST request to <myhost>/restapi/addmsguser, passing some parameters, to send a message in a chat, just like I see from the swagger (using curl):

1548760428_curl.png

If I try replicating the requests I see from my browser, they look very different; for example, this is the destination URL when I send a message as user:

<host>index.php/chatbox/addmsguser/1/195e8c86dedd7fc1146e7b3b6e93622eb460a638/(mode)/widget

Is there any documentation about this? I've already checked out (I can't post links here):

/livehelperchat.com/how-to-use-chat-api-module-206a.html
/livehelperchat.com/what-callbacks-supports-live-helper-chat-193a.html
/livehelperchat.com/article/view/57

Maybe the downloadable version isn't the same running on demo.livechat.com?

Thanks everyone in advance smile

EDIT: nevermind! Looks like I've found something on <host>/index.php/restapi/swagger. Just going to <host>/index.php/restapi redirected me to <host>/index.php, so I got confused smile looks like I have everything I need to work!

Last edited by Gianmarco.Nicoletti (2019-01-29 11:27:13)

#2 2019-01-29 12:32:28

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: REST API support for development

Hi Gianmarco.Nicoletti ,
thank you for your message! Welcome on the live helper chat!

I am happy to read you have solved.
Enjoy live helper chat.

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

Board footer