Live Helper Chat support forum.. Forum is locked. New place for questions - Github Discussions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-07-31 18:56:46

spr

operator chat list not updating

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem where the operator's chat list is not updating with new pending chats.

1) Operator loads chat list: /index.php/site_admin/chat/list - All existing chats are in the list.
2) User initiates a chat on the website, getting the message "Pending a support staff member to join, you can write your questions, and as soon as a support staff member confirms this chat, he will get your messages". So far so good.
3) Operator chat list does not get updated with the new pending chat.  However if I reload that page it's there.

I see a polling request from on the chat list page:

/lhc/index.php/site_admin/chat/syncadmininterface/(limita)/10/(limitu)/10/(limitp)/10/(limito)/10/(limitc)/10/(limitd)/10/(limitmc)/10/(pendingu)/1/(departmentd)/1

The json response is:

[== JavaScript ==]
{"error":"false","mac":[],"ou":"","result":{"departments_stats":{"list":[{"id":1,"name":"Customer Service","pending_chats_counter":1}]},"active_chats":{"list":[]},"pending_chats":{"list":[],"last_id_identifier":"pending_chat"},"transfer_chats":{"list":[],"last_id_identifier":"transfer_chat"},"transfer_dep_chats":{"list":[],"last_id_identifier":"transfer_chat_dep"},"unread_chats":{"last_id_identifier":"unread_chat","list":[]}}}

I see in that response that pending_chats_counter is 1 however there is nothing in the pending_chats list.  Is there something to that?

BTW I'm using a recent github checkout.

Thanks for the help,
-Rob

#2 2017-07-31 19:14:43

PeopleInside
Administrator
Website

Re: operator chat list not updating

Hi spr,
are you able to reproduce the issue on live helper chat demo?
https://livehelperchat.com/demo-12c.html

If yes you can open a GitHub issue,
if not you will need ask help to the commercial support...
maybe you have server issue or LHC is not installed well.

Last edited by PeopleInside (2017-07-31 19:15:01)

lol PeopleInside - Live helper chat - free limited forum support!
wink For commercial support or GitHub [see FAQ here]
ops If you want to support this open source project, just donate [see support page]
glasses Something wrong with the forum? [contact a superhero]

#3 2017-08-01 12:35:48

spr

Re: operator chat list not updating

Thanks.

Only after reproducing it on the demo did I realize that it IS working, just not how I expected it to.

It turns out the right sidebar is updating with the pending chat / unread messages info.  I thought the list in the middle / bottom would update so my attention was misdirected but I guess that's just static info based on the above form search criteria.

-Rob

Board footer